My name is Nate. I’m an engineer currently working as a member of the founding team at a startup in the health-tech space. I’ve always been a bit squirrely about sharing stuff on the internet, but lately, I’ve been in the mood to start writing things down somewhere.
What’s your background?
I’ve been a software engineer since 2011, primarily in the D2C start-up space. A lot of my early work was in PHP, but right now I’m a big Typescript and Ruby fan.
What kind of stuff will you write about?
Right now I’m doing the whole technical co-founder thing at an early-stage startup which has been a blast. I think a lot of what I’ll write will be around my successes and failures in that particular endeavor.
So, maybe things like…
- Why I went with some of the technology choices I made
- What choices panned out well, and which ones didn’t
- Things I’d do the same or differently the next time
But also things like…
- End-to-end type safety with GraphQL + Typescript
- Using a mono repo effectively
- Building a component library and implementing a design system
- Switching to Vite off of Webpack
What else do you do?
When I’m not working, I like to go outside and enjoy nature. Fishing, camping, kayaking, hiking, walking, looking, breathing…
I also play video games, write music that will never see the light of day, and watch lots of home improvement videos on YouTube.
That’s all for now!